Improve your Website Search Rank with SEO Techniques Features
When it comes to SEO techniques, they are broadly divided in two categories:
- White Hat SEO – Techniques that are considered ideal by the search engine’s algorithm.
- Black Hat SEO – Techniques that that the search engine considers to be deceptive and unfair. Black Hat SEO is also known by the name of Spamdexing.
Now let’s study the features of both of these categories in detail.
White Hat SEO Techniques
Each search engine has a set of rules and algorithms in place to make it easier for the users to search for what they want with minimal effort and as soon as possible. SEO marketing strategies designed as per the set rules and algorithms of the search engine is called White Hat SEO Techniques.
A White Hat SEO Techniques has the following features:
- Complies with the rules and regulation of the search engine.
- Does not include any of trick on the user.
- Has content that is indexed and subsequently ranked by the search engine the same as what a user sees.
- Has webpage content for the information of the users, and not solely to get a good rank in the search engine.
- Has good quality web pages.
- Ensures only useful content is available on the web pages.
For best SEO results, always follow the White Hat SEO techniques and strategies. Do not try to trick the visitor into visiting your web page. If you follow the White Hat SEO techniques, you will benefit the most from the Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Black Hat SEO Techniques
An SEO techniques is considered Black Hat SEO techniques, or Spamdexing, when it does not follow the rules and regulations of the search engine and tries to work around them by tricking the users with false information.
A Black Hat SEO Techniques has the following features:
- Has attempts at improving ranks by methods that are disapproved by the search engines.
- Involves tricking a user to visit a web page with false information/promise.
- Has redirection of users to page that is not the one ranked on the search engine.
- May use Cloaking SEO technique, a different page is designed for the search engine, and a different page for the users. This is called cloaking SEO tactic.
- Uses invisible or hidden text that matches the background colour, is in unreadably small font, and/or hiding them with HTML code like “No frame” section.
- May use metatag stuffing, wherein the keywords are used repeatedly or the keywords are unrelated to the web page content.
- May use keyword stuffing, wherein keywords are placed in excessive count on the page to raise the keyword count and keyword density.
- Has web pages that do not have the related content and are instead only has similar keywords. These pages are known as doorway or gateway pages.
- Has mirror websites that hosts many websites – each of these websites has similar content but different URLs
- Includes creation of a rogue copy of a popular website. This website has the same content as the popular or original one. However, this website instead redirects the users to a completely different and/or malicious website. This method is called page hijacking.
If you want your website to obtain and retain a good rank on a search engine, always use the White Hat SEO techniques. Search engines are constantly being worked upon and they are now equipped with properties to identify the Black Hat SEO techniques and rank those pages the lowest. It is always best to use the White Hat SEO techniques for your website if you want to get anything from it.